Sunday, 8 November 2009

Taking me back to where I belong.

I’ve always found myself bad at keeping in contact with people that I’ve met away from where I'm living. Anyone in a band or anyone who’s travelled will appreciate that you can meet the best people ever and have one of the best times, only to move on the next day and eventually forget about them.
I’ve decided to try my hardest to stop that happening.

I had one of the most awesome nights ever during the Fest last week with a bunch of really nice dudes, drinking whiskey and rolling around the Holiday Inn until sunlight. As soon as I got home, I found some of their e-mail address and sent no more than a ‘hi, let’s stay in touch’ note. They replied and that’s it – we’re keeping in contact. Period.

The same applies to friends from home who have all gone to study/work around the country. Most weeks I’ll them a call, just to say ‘what’s up’. It’s a little bit weird sometimes and it’s kinda awkward most of the time at the initial greeting when you’re expect a ‘stop stalking me Giles, you freak’, but in the long-term it’s better than just getting on with yourself.



So Laurelin, Sean, Ben and the Comadre dudes, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment