Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Florida, being unintentionally shown-up

I haven’t been doing too well keeping up with my initial plan to write a post a day for this website, really.
Heck, my life isn’t so interesting that I could write some crazy story every day about how wasted I got and how many girls have slept in my bed since I’ve lived in Brighton, but I’m not boring. I don't think.

I spend a lot of time out of my room hanging out in basements talking to couch surfers from around Europe and learning the legislation on squatter’s rights. Or going out of town to shows and speaking to rad people.

This weekend just gone I went to The Fest in GNV, FLA with almost everyone I know. It was the best time ever.
AIHN, Bangers, Above Them, The Arteries and Calvinball all fucking killed it. The roof was even falling apart when Bangers/C-ball played.
I’m sure snippets of stories will come out on this blog sooner or later.



I’ve been thinking a lot about what I’m going to do with this music. After caring too much about my old band and getting so exhausted, frustrated and resilient, I’ve got no inhibitions.
Every band says they’re “in it for the fun.” This is the first time I've meant it.
Fuck, I don’t even care if I play any shows. I’ll go to friends’ shows and get drunk there. I’ll have a much better time anyway.

Funny I think about this now: I just got a link to a write-up of when I opened for Spoonboy a couple of months ago which talks about how I 'unintentionally' got shown up by a 16-year-old. Ex-girlfriends rule., Some Sort Of Threat rules harder.

I’m gonna spend the rest of my week at dance parties.



In a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment