I’ve spent the whole of today inside doing absolutely nothing but listen to records today. So earlier tonight I went for a short walk and sat outside on the steps in the park opposite the house I have a room in. I just watched.
A few homeless people were there with a dog, sitting down drinking the same cider I do and chatting to eachother.
A guy with a load of plastic bags walked past with a dog who watched his every move and didn’t stray more than 5 metres away, and when he noticed the group of other people they started having a conversation across the small park, asking whether they recognised him and saying how he recognised them from ‘around town’.
It made me think just how confined we are to our own lives. All I’ve thought about today is what is directly around my life, and watching that made me feel so marginalised. But there are so many communities in this town, and every other in the world. Companies of business men and communities of homeless people. And all the circles inbetween that connect them.
Yeah, I guess everyone thinks that at one time or another and that’s just a simple fact just like anything else. But I feel that it’s something I should be aware of every second of every day.
Defiance, Ohio say exactly what I’m thinking right now, so I’m gonna go listen to that song.
In a bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your song is really really bad
ReplyDelete