Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Stones I've Thrown

Some awesome stuff has happened recently.

My 7" record 'Stones I've Thrown' is coming together. Test presses should hopefully arrive in the next week or so and I think it'll be pretty surreal listening back to them on my record player. No-one has ever wanted to put money towards any of the bands I've been in, so I'm excited as hell/nervous something will inevitably go wrong.

So much stuff could go tits up - tracklisting, tracks themselves, extra pressing charges... I've got everything crossed that it will be okay. But I'm not letting it take over my life; I'm 'just a band'. Homemade popcorn is far more important.

Paint It Black heard my cover of their song 'Memorial Day' and retweeted about it and sent out a link to the pre-order of it. That was cool beyond words. Dave House sent me an e-mail saying 'Andy PIB wants you to put it online so people can listen' one morning before I got in the shower so I celebrated my singing numerous Elton John numbers once I got in the bathroom.

Punknews.org are putting up a stream of the record in the next few days, which is insane. Bondy from Apologies, I Have None told me I'm getting too big and when I started playing shows I just wanted to play songs to nobody and get fucked up. I think I corrected him by telling him that's what I still do.

Big Cheese also reviewed the record in the latest issue. I haven't checked it out yet, but I was talking to Rey when we were shopping in Morrissons earlier that I don't care if I get a sub-par review, it will just be cool to see my name in print.

Suffice to say I'm feeling great about it all. I hope the party doesn't end too soon, I'll use up all my effort before it does.

I can't stop listening to the new Grown Ups album. I played an awesome basement show in Derby with them and it was an aw'right laugh. They're a lot of fun.

In a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment