Thursday, 8 October 2009

GNV, FLA

My top five records that I want to listen to right now at this present moment after I’ve pretty much finished all my chores for today and while the sun is blaring through the parts of my window I can see.

1. Apologies, I Have None – ‘Two Sticks, Six (soon to be multiple) Strings’
“It doesn’t matter what you’ve got, because we’re all in this together”

2. Calvinball – ‘Live Fast, Go To Bed Early’
“As the train pulls away I can almost hear you say ‘goodbye, farewell and amen’”

3. Above Them – ‘Blueprint For A Better Time’
“Stay what you started, become what you’ve wanted”

4. The Arteries – ‘Waffle Soul and Beer’/’Blood Sweat and Beers’
“Reap back what they sow”

5. Bangers - everything
“You’re better than most, she said, as I put my shirt back on”

All my favourite bands are my friends.

One thing they’ve all got in common? Later this month I’m going to Gainesville for a weekend with almost everyone I know.

On a down note, I got a text from Chas yesterday saying that Lightyear are playing a secret show in Derby tonight. However much I would love to go, I refuse to comply with the train fare.

In a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment