
I started writing posts for this blog space with the aim of writing one article a day about things that I’ve been thinking about too much to think about anymore and stuff that I’ve written songs about under the moniker ‘cynics’. Breathe in…!
I figured that if I was going to start writing a blog, it was always going to trail off at some point. So to put in the maximum point on the gauge would be to write once a day.
For the most part, I haven’t carried out this goal. I’m a busy dude who hangs out with everyone worth hanging out.
There’s a self-righteously ignorant excuse fit for me. And Kieran (hi Kieran, reader of this).

This weekend I went to Sheffield to party, puke in a robe ‘n’ pants wearer’s university dorm room and see some bands.
Last night, wannabe punk Sam Russo played in Brighton and stayed round mine with his dudes-of-friends from his town. Kevin Seconds, the dude playing last, was real late to the show so I ended up playing a few songs to fill the gap. I was briefly introduced to a lean, long necked guy called James Bean. He was a bottle load of fun.
We walked the long way home along the shore back to mine and sat down to do our best impressions of a punk rock jukebox on the way.

Calvinball, A,IHN and I in Southampton.
Nearly two months ago a guy who I’d hung out with a few times who shared my love with the first two Saves The Day records (plus ‘Jessie & My Whetstone’ to no end) was involved in a car crash.
His lungs were filled with blood and he broke everything from his waist downwards. He’s been in a coma for most of those two months.
Today was the first I’d heard from him since a few weeks before the accident. He’s making a full recovery and he’s going to be fine. I cannot gauge how happy I am for Liam’s parents, his sister and everyone around him.
In a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment