Well, it's been ages. To be honest I got a bit disinterested writing about myself... I get enough of myself already. That doesn't say much about the people who read this.
So my first ever 7" record 'Stones I've Thrown' is well and truly 'out'. 'Out' in the way that it in the general 'space' that is the 'world', givin you the chance to 'pick' it up and 'carry' it home to listen to on your record player while drinking a freshly opened steaming bottle of beer.
I 'released' it by playing an in-store at Banquet Records in Kingston-Upon-Thames. I have come to accept doing that is probably the coolest thing I'll do with this little hobby of mine.
I say 'hobby' because I had a recent moment of clarity (very rare...) that playing shows n recording is on the same level as playing Night Football on a Sunday night when I'm back in Berkhamsted. Or the time when Harry, Tom and I decided to test the strength of our mentalities by locking ourselves in Haz's dad's bathroom for 24hrs with nothing but 2 magazines, a load of crisps and a radio.
Those are both things that were always a laugh but always taken with a sense of seriousness. Night Football is always competitive and taken with a sense of pride and neither of us chickened out the 24hr survival test.
[We even used to hold hat-parties (where you had to wear a 'loud' hat) where you would get shit if you weren't wearing a hat.]
I think taking things with a dose of pride makes it more fun. Then again, there's always the risk of going too far with that.
But who cares, eh?
Regards,
Jules Buddha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment