Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Search for self.

I’ve learnt a lot since last writing my last blog post.

Yesterday I quit a job at a small teen magazine I started working at last month. I’ve been doing freelance stuff for them for a while (and will continue to do so), but going to the offices in Ramsgate, Kent every day with a two hour journey each way weighs on your productive mind. It wasn’t working out, so I’m back here trying to get internships and freelance commissions.

‘Back here’ has changed as well. After Brighton and spending Christmas sleeping on peoples’ sofas and spending the day at my mum’s new house with my step-dad near Exeter, I moved to my dad’s house in Islington. It was supposed to be a stepping-stone until me and my brother (already living there) found a new place. I ended up spending just over a month there and it sucked. I don’t know his wife and have no interested in doing so, inevitably making the house a bomb about to explode. It’s funny how the small but constant shit makes a home on your back…

My friend Angela needed two housemates for her place in Elephant and Castle so here I am! Sitting on the kitchen sofa listening to The Arteries. Alright!

I went on tour for the second time a couple of weeks ago with Sam Russo and it was by the far the most successful tour I’ve been on. People came to the shows, people sung and people partied. We got petrol money and even money each to get back our respective southern England homes from Sheffield. That’s definitely a first.

I’ve also recorded a first ep, but more on that later.

When I was at my mum’s this weekend gone I finished reading Goodbye New Brunswick New Jersey. It’s a guy’s personal account of his time spent living in the epicentre of the New Brunswick basement scene throughout the 90s and it’s fucking awesome. I heavily recommend it.

In a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment