Monday, 7 December 2009

Christmas boozey dü - you punk, you bowl.

Punk ‘n’ Bowl is what it says on the fucken tin. You punk. You bowl.

P’n’B is a pretty weird little event which has been happening every couple or so months since January in the basement bowling lanes of the larr-dee-darghh Tavistock Hotel near Euston. Pretty, pretty, pretttyyyy swank!

I only think it’s ‘pretty weird’ because it seems too good to be true: awesome bands (from the UK/USA/Germany/wherever!) kill it all day, and on top of that, there’s a bar which sells fucked up German beer/nachos and you can bowl.

You can bowl. You can watch rad bands. You can bowl. You can fucking bowl. Alternating between the two attractions.

If you really tried, you could hop to and fro on each foot – to, BOWL, fro, FUCKING AWESOME MEGA-BAND, to again, BOWL... and so forth ‘til your nuts drop off.



But the really fucked up thing about Punk ‘n’ Bowl? It’s donations. £3 and everyone’s happy. £3!

I’m genuinely finding it pretty frustrating trying to write down my thoughts on Greg/Cara’s social-network-punk baby, because I get too excited to whenever I think about it. Which makes this a bit of a pointless exercise. Anyway…

So why is this relevant today? PUNK ‘N’ BOWL III is happening on 20th December.

The Gateway District, Bangers, The Shitty Limits, Regimes, The Arteries, Men, Cold Ones and Brothers are playing. So am I.

Roo from Bangers said to me the other day that he was as excited about P’n’B as he was about Fest. I replied that I thought that was stupid. Unless I die anytime soon, I’m starting to see his point…

Oh and here's the f-book open event - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=194052508047&ref=nf

In a bit.

1 comment:

  1. its gonna be a good one, look forward to seeing you. chum.

    ReplyDelete